While increasing organizational revenue from grant funding is a key driver for our services, our real passion lies in using the framework of grant proposals to engage staff and board members in strategic planning and organizational capacity development. CoSo is committed to helping you develop truly Cohesive Solutions to the issues that matter most to you.
For the past 14 years, CoSo has worked with dozens of organizations to secure over $40 million in federal,state, local, corporate and foundation grants. We are particularly proud of the following examples of community change made possible, in part, because of our work.
- Assisted community health centers in Texas, California and Alabama to secure federally qualified health center (FQHC) status. This has improved access to quality comprehensive care for thousands of rural residents.
- Established a demonstration project in Trenton, New Jersey that enables an FQHC to provide primary care services at four community-based behavioral health service sites. This has increased access to care, improved health outcomes and added to the knowledge base of best practices for integrated primary and behavioral health care.
- Expanded programming for aging-in-place services in the Philadelphia area to ensure that low-income seniors have access to a range of home, community and center based services. This has helped thousands of older adults to continue to live at home as long as possible.
- Implemented early childhood education, parent education and workforce development initiatives for low-income families in Trenton, New Jersey. This has increased school readiness, improved family functioning and increased economic self-sufficiency for hundreds of low-income families.
- Implemented a multi-agency collaborative to provide state-wide disaster case management system in New Jersey. This has helped thousands of individuals and families to recover from the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
Our technical skills were honed from nearly 20 years experience with all types of grant proposals –from complex federal grant applications involving multiple partners to simple letters of intent to family foundations for a single program. We are skilled at coordinating and incorporating numerous perspectives into the final request and guide the development of the proposal with research and best practices in the field.